Top Post Views

3: Malaysia REITs - Looking For My 2nd Durian Runtuh
4: Is Insurance Really Necessary?
5: Everyone Must be A Millionaire

Head to the watch list on the above tab to see my what's on my radar and foreseeable future postings =)

Decided to make adjustments on the way I blog & share due to time constraints and other commitments. In the coming weeks you should see them. Short updates but more frequent & concise.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Aboi's Updates For January 2014 (Happy New Year Everyone!)


HAPPY NEW YEAR, 2014 



KLSE TECH REVIEW

Here's the link for the previous month's market sense: Aboi's Updates for December 2013
For those who find it hard to follow I suggest reading through my previous posting on how I am using technical indicators as a trend seeker.
  1. First Attempt on Tech Analysis Part 1
  2. First Attempt on Tech Analysis Part 2

To my surprise Bursa ended higher than my top range of 1850 to close the year on high @ 1867 points. However the trend looks increasingly bearish - higher price cannot be supported with decreasing volumes moving on. RSI indicator is still at the overbought region and there is sign on crossover on the MACD indicator. Therefore hold Bursa would be back to trading sideways in January between 1800-1850. Though I am tempted to add another support line of 1750 let's hold that until the month of February. I will begin to update my Watchlist for the time being, it's been a long time since I have managed it.

Second my portfolio increased in value by ~RM3000 across all holdings mainly due to Bursa ending the year on high. This year's good gains were Supermx, BSD Reit and not forgetting the best: Kenanga Growth Fund (28.32% in a mere 8 months). As usual AMP Capital has a really good compressed weekly information (freely available, no sign ups) on weekly global market & global economic updates. It is usually updated every Monday afternoon so go read it when you have the time. For the year 2014, the main risk are likely to be on the sharp sell in US bond yields backed by news on Fed tapering or much stronger US economy growth.

About my others thoughts for 2014 pls look at: 
#1 A possible buy of gold asset: A fool and his gold are soon parted
#2 What to be aware of: (MYR, The Gohmen, Interest Rates, Property - The Linkages



PORTFOLIO REVIEW
Portfolio composition. Equities 50%, Mixed Assets 15%, REITs 10%, Bonds 5% and Cash 20%.
Targets for returns p.a. Equities type 12%, Mixed Assets 8%, REITs 6%, Bonds 5% and Cash 3.75%.
Notes
*Genting Berhad special interim cash dividend of RM0.50 less 25% tax. 
*Freight Management Berhad single tier final dividend of 3.0 sen.
*HwangDBS Select Income fund gross income declaration of RM0.01/unit (reinvested all into 164 new units)   

Comments
#1 Portfolio target for the fourth portfolio year @ RM140k for April 2014 has already EXCEEDED. The TWRR (time weighted annual return rate is now at 11.28% vs my target of 8.80%).
#2 Overall awesome gains in 2013. I am more optimistic about my buying chances in 2014 yet at the same time I must be cautious as upside is more limited.

Disclaimer: The reports, analysis and recommendations in this blog are solely my personal views. I do not link to any investment body or company. As such, I will not be responsible of any of your investment decision. Consult your investment adviser or come to your own conclusions before making any investment decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment