Top Post Views

3: Malaysia REITs - Looking For My 2nd Durian Runtuh
4: Is Insurance Really Necessary?
5: Everyone Must be A Millionaire

Head to the watch list on the above tab to see my what's on my radar and foreseeable future postings =)

Decided to make adjustments on the way I blog & share due to time constraints and other commitments. In the coming weeks you should see them. Short updates but more frequent & concise.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Tech Talk Bursa Malaysia WW39

Technical indicators are lagging indicators and therefore I always look back at the previous week for recent market direction into the coming week. In this case I am using WW39 for this week's WW40. I hope this clears the air. For those who find it hard to follow I suggest reading through my previous posting on how I am using technical indicators as a trend seeker.
  1. First Attempt on Tech Analysis Part 1
  2. First Attempt on Tech Analysis Part 2 

Relative Strength Indicator (RSI)
Chart Setting: SMA 1, RSI (14, 20), Mar'10 to Sep'10
We see much profit taking activities happening. The degree of price drop has similarity like what happened in mid-May. Are we looking at a something bigger like a minor correction next week? One thing to note, as long as the 40-50 support line has not been broken it is still not assumed to be in full correction mode.


Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD)
Chart Setting: EMA 12, EMA 26, MACD (26, 12, 9), Mar'10 to Sep'10
MACD line just touching 20 though KLCI still far from the centerline and no crossover, it is difficult to know the trend just yet. The government has just unveiled the Economic Transformation Plan (ETP) but investors don't look like buying into any of the plans considering the market's performance. Click HERE to understand more.

Resistance and Support Level
Chart Setting: Mar'10 to Sep'10 (6 months)
New resistance now set at 1480-1500 points while support level is now at 1440-1420 points (previous lower high still unbroken).

In a Nutshell
Finally I have been vindicated after many weeks. Correction looks plausible unless there are good news to support the points. I would seriously stay on sidelines for now, watching first before pouncing on certain counters that are deemed fairly valued or under valued like PARKSON, BSDREIT or JOBST. I also hope there is opportunity to get F&N but that seems slim until an actual bear takes place.

One Month Trend Chart *Tech indicators are lagging charts

No comments:

Post a Comment