Top Post Views

3: Malaysia REITs - Looking For My 2nd Durian Runtuh
4: Is Insurance Really Necessary?
5: Everyone Must be A Millionaire

Head to the watch list on the above tab to see my what's on my radar and foreseeable future postings =)

Decided to make adjustments on the way I blog & share due to time constraints and other commitments. In the coming weeks you should see them. Short updates but more frequent & concise.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Market Sense April 2012


Previously back in August'11 (I know it's been a long time): I'll give Bursa a 90% chance to pull up based on good but slow growing world economy. RM->USD is now at 3. This should be another read of my previous post for your information since the debt ceiling has been passed: Taking A Look At The USD

For those who find it hard to follow I suggest reading through my previous posting on how I am using technical indicators as a trend seeker.
  1. First Attempt on Tech Analysis Part 1
  2. First Attempt on Tech Analysis Part 2
Making it short, first: Support line (RCI) is holding steady above 50. Nothing major to observe. Second MACD shows no centerline crossover solidifying the fact that the market is cruising slowly upward. Third and the most interesting is obviously the bullish nature of Bursa which has been in the making since Dec 2011. 12-day EMA is above the 26-day EMA (bullish > bearish). Now you would ask what is my market overview?? Hmm again my eyes are still on the Eurozone crisis, US is recovery slowly and with China not going to do well this year my take would be cautious. Bear in mind that with each passing day the market is getting hard to break new resistance level as they have passed their previous all time high. Be extra cautious is my advice, remember the financial crisis of 2009  and why people tend to get carried away when all they see are just good and bullish news.


I have updated my portfolio look with the major changes on annualized return and total returns. Numbers are fictional for privacy reasons but portfolio choices are true. SUPERMX continues to disappoint, dragging down the entire portfolio performance of my target 15% per annum to ~10%. I should be able to provide my reevaluation of SUPERMX later this month, stay tuned. I am still bullish on Genting with a target price of RM14.05 though I am a little stirred with their recent aggressive expansion plans.

I have decided to pursue Economics as a self-study subject and my future posting would relate to Economics more than ever. Instead of making it the abysmal science, I will try my utmost best to make as simple as I can to the average Joe. 

Previous post: Bursa Tech Checkout WW36'11 (been awhile since my last posting)

Disclaimer: The reports, analysis and recommendations in this blog are solely my personal views. I do not link to any investment body or company. As such, I will not be responsible of any of your investment decision. Consult your investment adviser or come to your own conclusions before making any investment decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment