Top Post Views

3: Malaysia REITs - Looking For My 2nd Durian Runtuh
4: Is Insurance Really Necessary?
5: Everyone Must be A Millionaire

Head to the watch list on the above tab to see my what's on my radar and foreseeable future postings =)

Decided to make adjustments on the way I blog & share due to time constraints and other commitments. In the coming weeks you should see them. Short updates but more frequent & concise.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

World Cup 2010 Review


How quickly time flies and World Cup 2010 comes to an end, now I have to wait another 4 years :( Before jumping into the review section, let's do some facts check. The FIFA World Cup is the most widely viewed sporting event surpassing even the Summer Olympics. It is expected to be viewed by nearly 1 billion people worldwide for the 19th FIFA World Cup in South Africa. This is also the first time an African nation is to host the finals. 

That cute official mascot is called Zakumi, a leopard with green hair. ZA the international abbreviation for South Africa and the term kumi which means 10 various African languages. The colour yellow and green is also the host nation's playing strip. The match ball is named Jabulani which means "bringing joy to everyone" in Zulu. 

32 teams were selected for participation from a worldwide qualification tournament of 204 countries in which Malaysia was in but did not go through as expected. By history, the titles winners are as below. As you can see only South American and European countries. Kudos to their football standards! I hope I will one day see an Asian team win before I leave this world.

Brazil: 5, Italy: 4, Germany: 3, Uruguay: 2, Argentina: 2, England: 1, France: 1, Spain: 1 (2010)

The official song is "Waka Waka" which is performed by Shakira and the band Freshlyground from South Africa. Watch it below together with another great song by K'naan & David Bisbal "Wavin'Flag" a mix of English & Spanish. No wonder they win la.





Ah we must also never forget about the vuvuzela, a long horn blown by fans and spectators throughout matches :) If you have Astro HD I am sure you will complain about the ambient audio feed from the stadium which only has sounds of vuvuzela.



The most amazing of all in this world cup must have been Paul the Octopus who correctly predicted the winners of each of the seven 2010 World Cup matches that involve the Germany team and is also correct for the Finals. See Paul_the_Octopus for details.




And finally aboi's performance for the entire world cup for every single match. I did not achieve my ultimate target but nevertheless still delighted. Is there a secret to my success? YES, Ask me haha! My success only applies to big tourneys not leagues, I have no written prove on my successful campaigns of World Cup 2006 & Euro 2008 but my friends can testify LOL so this will be my first and certainly not the last =p.

Let's look forward for Euro 2012 Poland-Ukraine & World Cup 2014 Brazil. Wanna join me?

Remarks: /2 denotes half, *x where x is the multiplier of the usual stake. Above odds are asian handicap odds. Because I am Asian ma. I hope Google doesn't ban my account for posting this :)

On a side note to those that totally opposed gambling, let me share with you my thoughts in a few simple points:
  1. Gambling with no strategy nor any exit limit is quite BAD.
  2. Gambling with borrowed money when you're in a net loss is very BAD.
  3. Gambling your retirement with poor financial intelligent is extremely BAD.
  4. Gambling your health & safety without insurance is well the WORST.
Yes! Did it register into your mind? Gambling does not come in the form of sports or numbers, you could be risking your future life and health as well. Do you see my point now? Gambling or speculating is always exciting but do it cautiously and for mere entertainment purpose. Hence, you must remember to gamble with a clear enter & exit strategy and always bet within your limits. The same goes to investing though investing with proper knowledge has fantastic gains and less heart attacks.


I just remembered to add these nice videos with my picks. Enjoy! What is World Cup without nice scoring goals :)

0:58 Miroslav Klose (Germany)
1:56 Maicon (Brazil)

0:39 Diego Forlan (Uruguay)
1:14 Gonzalo Higuain (Argentina)

1:15 Luis Fabiano (Brazil)
2:17 David Villa (Spain)

0:52 Lukas Podolski (Germany)
3:16 Carlos Tevez (Argentina)

2:16 Giovanni Van Bronckhorst (Holland)
2:58 Maxi Pereira (Uruguay)

No comments:

Post a Comment