Top Post Views

3: Malaysia REITs - Looking For My 2nd Durian Runtuh
4: Is Insurance Really Necessary?
5: Everyone Must be A Millionaire

Head to the watch list on the above tab to see my what's on my radar and foreseeable future postings =)

Decided to make adjustments on the way I blog & share due to time constraints and other commitments. In the coming weeks you should see them. Short updates but more frequent & concise.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Alternative: Lego 75099 Rey's Speeder

I've started to sell off my old sets that I have kept since 2011. 8 sets (avg 170 pcs/set) this year and they are largely 2011/2012 sets with a cool profit margin of 57.66%. With those proceeds I picked up two of Rey's Speeder recently (and immediately once I saw it). I could have bought more if not for both Lego shop and Toy R US having only one of each remaining.

Star Wars The Force Awaken Lego have various sets as depicted below but why I did choose Rey's Speeder?



Pros:
- Set selling fast so I am lucky to find the last ones. Rey is popular with kids.
- Set with Rey for $20, the other set with her will run you $150!
- Though Rey is not unique, she looks fantastic and her dust cover will probably be just a one time deal so just the minifig alone is worth it.
- Nice dark red slopes and good little pieces in the set makes it look very detailed.
- On a USD price per brick basis this set is considered the cheapest of all TFA Lego sets.

Cons:
- Tools stuck on the side don't match with what we see in the movie. But a simple modification will do it (many people have done so just google it).
- Hate the stickers, it's a lot for a relatively small set.
- Not very much a playset, it is for display purpose.

In comparison to an older set: 8092 Luke's Speeder back in 2010 has a retail price of $25. It is now commanding a selling value of $42.40, roughly a CAGR of 9.1%. If you’ve seen the trailer, Rey's speeder was the first vehicle we got to see, so it’s the one that was just stamped into our brains. It's truly iconic that isn't clearly based on Original Trilogy vehicles and could certainly fetch a similar return.

Aboi Says: The set and this version of Rey with the dust cover will NOT likely be remade. With its current popularity (can't find this set in Penang anymore) and potential uniqueness & rarity once it is no longer in production makes it a good deal.


Disclaimer: The reports, analysis and recommendations in this blog are solely my personal views. I do not link to any investment body or company. As such, I will not be responsible of any of your investment decision. Consult your investment adviser or come to your own conclusions before making any investment decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment