Top Post Views

3: Malaysia REITs - Looking For My 2nd Durian Runtuh
4: Is Insurance Really Necessary?
5: Everyone Must be A Millionaire

Head to the watch list on the above tab to see my what's on my radar and foreseeable future postings =)

Decided to make adjustments on the way I blog & share due to time constraints and other commitments. In the coming weeks you should see them. Short updates but more frequent & concise.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

VirtualPot Folio As At 7th July 2011

The Stock Performance Guide book will be arriving in two weeks time and I will be back to analyzing companies. Portfolio gains remains roughly the same @ 17.7% from the previous month's 17.6%. This time I see general weakening across all counters with JOBST having to lift the slump out from the rest. Phew....

I have already injected a few grands into conservative SIF and the coming month I will put some capital into FREIGHT if it is less than RM1.10. With market being saturated, I had no choice but to put more focus on building the conservative portfolio which already consists of SIF, endowment, REIT. My target is a reasonable 15% with a stretch goal of 20%. It is easier to project my returns by counter basis, I will go with this route. Seeing that the older counters of FREIGHT, ICAP and JOBST which are already more than 1 year old are well above the goal. BSDREIT is a special case, it is a dividend play hence I should probably exclude it in the next portfolio or add a new part for a conservative section. This leaves GENTING which I am looking forward for year's end and SUPERMX will need a mid reassessment.

Yes I know. Boring..boring..well to be frank there is nothing much to buy @ a discount right now. I don't just go blazing my guns, instead am just hording cash and crossing my fingers not to spend it. Going forward for the rest of the year it would be more of a survey analysis rather than a buy/sell call for the companies I am going into. I will also be needing to do a reevaluation on the smart pickings (when the book arrives of course).


Disclaimer: The reports, analysis and recommendations in this blog are solely my personal views. I do not link to any investment body or company. As such, I will not be responsible of any of your investment decision. Consult your investment adviser or come to your own conclusions before making any investment decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment