Top Post Views

3: Malaysia REITs - Looking For My 2nd Durian Runtuh
4: Is Insurance Really Necessary?
5: Everyone Must be A Millionaire

Head to the watch list on the above tab to see my what's on my radar and foreseeable future postings =)

Decided to make adjustments on the way I blog & share due to time constraints and other commitments. In the coming weeks you should see them. Short updates but more frequent & concise.

Friday, April 8, 2011

VirtualPot Folio As At 8th April 2011

After a month of chaos due to the spillover panic effects in Libya and Japan tsunami disaster, things are again moving in a healthy direction. No matter how much sense there is to hold your holdings, some people will succumb to the pressure and sell, hence widely known as profit taking or cut stop loss measure. Nevertheless, I chose to hold on foreseeing no major incident that could have a big enough huge impact in derailing the global economy. 

Contrary to the believes of others, I did not pick up any shares over the last month. Some portion of my reserves are going into house improvements and into a new endowment plan to complete my conservative portfolio over the next 5-10 years time frame. Anyway portfolio gains are up from 12.4% to 17.9% boosted by the holdings of FREIGHT and GENTING. Both remains my top two favourites for long term investment horizon. Because the current holdings in the portfolio are not even 1 year old, the gain is the total return for a given year. Once they move ahead of the 1 year time frame, I will adjust to use the compounded annual growth rate.

There were some verbal comments regarding my P&L history like the timing and astounding profit figures. First the timing: it was crisis time and the best time to load up if you hold cash, note that I use cost averaging method for TopGlov. Second, profit figures: Simply said I sold TopGlov too early thinking it would sink under the overvalued pressure while for DLady I decided to hold on much longer learning from my previous mistake in TopGlov. To further add on, the reason I chose these two is simply because I started off with them and there were names that are synonymous with quality and good reputation, during a crisis almost everything will look cheap to buy. I hope this clears the air of everything :)

Disclaimer: The reports, analysis and recommendations in this blog are solely my personal views. I do not link to any investment body or company. As such, I will not be responsible of any of your investment decision. Consult your investment adviser or come to your own conclusions before making any investment decision.

1 comment:

uglyorgan said...

good job!!!

Post a Comment